Mar refers to blemish on the surface of a coating, extending over a particular area of the coating and visible due to the difference in the light-reflection properties of the area affected, compared with the light-reflection properties of adjacent areas. This Mar Resistance Tester conforms to the newest international standards ISO 12137-2011, ASTM D 2197and ASTM D 5178. It offers 100g to 5,000g loads to the test panel.
Mar Resistance Tester
Mar Resistance Tester tests the mar resistance of a single coating of a paint, varnish or related product, or the upper layer of a multi-coat system.
Relevant Standards: ISO 12137-2011, ASTM D 2197 and ASTM D 5178
Mar Resistance Tester - Ref: T01-700029
Delivery 1-2 weeks
- Relevant Standards: ISO 12137-2011, ASTM D 2197 and ASTM D 5178
- Working speed can be adjusted from 0 mm/s~10 mm/s
- Moveable working table convenient for measuring different areas in the same panel
- Lifting balance arm allows testing on different thickness panels from 0mm~12mm
- Loop-shaped Stylus: Chromium-plated steel rod of 1.6 mm diameter bent into a “U” shape with an outside radius of (3.25±0.05) mm hardness of Rockwell HRC56 to HRC58 and smooth surface (roughness ≤0.05 µm)
- Weights: 1×100 gram 2×200 gram 1×500 gram 2×1000 gram 1×2000 gram
- Stylus moving speed: 0 mm/s~10 mm/s (step:0.5mm/s)
- Motor Power: 60W, Angle between stylus with test panels: 45°
- Test panel Size: Less than 200 mm×100 mm (L×W) thickness less than 10mm