- Relevant Standards: ISO 1519, 2011, ASTM D522 and DIN 53152
- Supplied with 12 pcs stainless steel mandrels with different diameters：Ø2, Ø3, Ø4, Ø5, Ø6, Ø8, Ø10, Ø12, Ø16, Ø20, Ø25, Ø32mm
- All mandrels are manufactured from high hardness stainless steel, 2mm and 3mm mandrels are annealed by hardening treatment, and will not deform even when bending thick test panels.
- Suitable test panel size parameters: Length 120mm~150mm width ≤80mm thickness ≤1.0mm
- Supplied as standard in carry case
Cylindrical Mandrel Tester
The Ascott Cylindrical Mandrel Tester is used to determine the elasticity adhesion and elongation of paint on sheet metal in accordance with ISO 1519. A test panel (max. size 150 x 100 mm) is bent over a cylindrical mandrel. The smaller the diameter of the mandrel, the larger the tension on the coating. The test panel is then checked for cracks or damage in the coating.
In accordance with: ISO 1519: 2011, ASTM D522 and DIN 53152
Cylindrical Mandrel Tester - Ref: T01-710102
Delivery 1-2 weeks
This Cylindrical Mandrel tester consists of three PVC rolls which are arranged side by side and run on pivoting bearings. Thus, the coating is not exposed to damage or shear stress during the test. The test can be carried out:
- either as a “pass/fail” test, by carrying out the test with a single specified size of mandrel, to assess compliance with a particular requirement.
- or by repeating the procedure using successively smaller mandrels to determine the diameter of the first mandrel over which the coating cracks and/or becomes detached from the substrate.