This Pencil Hardness Tester offers an easy method for the determination of film hardness for coating applied to a flat substrate. The pencil lead, prepared beforehand by rubbing it on fine abrasive paper (400), is maintained at an angle of 45º and pushed with uniform pressure onto the sample, either leaving a superficial trace or causing destruction down to the substrate.
- Relevant Standards: ASTM D 3363 and ISO 15184
- Three points are touched on the tested surface (roller, pencil & lead)
- Angle between pencil and the tested surface= 45°
- Built in spirit bubble to check level
- Pressure of pencil lead: 500g/1000g/7.5N
- Supplied as standard with: Set of Pencils (12) : -4B-3B-2B-B-HB-H-2H-3H-4H-5H-6H ; Special Pencil Sharpener and Abrasive Paper (400 grade grit)